Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's A Jungle Out There!

I know it's hard for some people who are just starting out in business. No matter what it is you want to do there is no magic money button and off you go. You know that isn't the way things work. When you see these ads and emails that say make $$$$$$$ right away we sometimes fall for it hook, line and sinker. Did you catch any part of that sentence?

My definitions of words that I don't want to have in my life is fall, hook and sinker.

Fall-going down..down...down very fast and hoping to never hit bottom. You wish. Lol Tripping over something and landing on your rear end, knees, hands or whatever....OUCH!

Hook-something to get you all tied into or off the stage you go with a lousy act. Maybe you're addicted to something like, I'm hooked on _______. Fill in your own blank.

Sinker-going down to the lowest of lows. Never ending bottom. Being at the bottom. Drop the anchor and you are in the same place until someone hopefully comes along to hoist you out. Help!

Just like in the business I am in, with my sister and brother in law, which is Real Estate, it's not about how much we can make that counts. It's how many people we can help along the way, to sell or buy a home, that matters. When we show our true expertise, by showing them we know our business, we care and can be trusted, it makes the whole experience a better one. I want it all to be good but sometimes you have to deal with the reality of things that come along the way that may come up unexpected. Obstacles are a part of our life and be prepared to deal with them fairly. I know people are counting on us to do something very important for them. Finding them a place to call their home or to sell their place for them. We want to always keep it real and honest. They will know and believe me it matters. That's what I call doing Real Estate!
Write up a list of statements that you would like to see working in your life. Believe in what you write and make sure you know why you are writing them. One statement I wrote down is: I am busy listing and selling houses. The reason why?  I need to support myself and my family.

Do you get the idea?  Yes, it can be a jungle out there so make a path for yourself. What do you have to lose?
http://www.homesrez4u.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

RMLS Widget

Host Gator